Monday, May 27, 2013

Is the New York Times microbial diversity centric?

The answer to the question in the title - I think - is yes.  Here are some recent stories in the Times on topics of relevance to microbial diversity.

Plus - of course - there is a continuous stream of information on microbes from Carl Zimmer who writes frequently for the NY Times.  Perhaps the best example of this is his coverage of the Human Microbiome Project papers: Studies of Human Microbiome Yield New Insights June 18, 2012.  But there have been and I am sure will be others. 

Sure - the NY Times is not the only place with a bunch of stories about microbial diversity and microbiomes. But they do seem tto have a good ratio of "diversity" themed coverage vs. germoophobia themed topics which are common in many other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...